Did you lose your TexFlex debit card?
Don’t panic. TexFlex debit card holders now have access to MasterCard’s Identity Theft Resolution Services. MasterCard heard from participants who requested this benefit, and has added it at no additional cost to you.
What do I do if I lose my card?
If your TexFlex debit card is lost or stolen and you believe you’re a victim of identity theft, the Identity Theft Resolution Services can help you restore your identity.
Keep in mind, if your card is lost or stolen, you should call PayFlex immediately to cancel your card. PayFlex will send you a new debit card. MasterCard won’t be able to do this for you. MasterCard, however, can help you resolve identity theft issues.
Identity Theft Resolution Services include:
- 24/7 access to MasterCard’s certified resolution specialists,
- internet monitoring to proactively detect stolen, personally identifiable information and compromised confidential data online,
- help from a specialist who will notify all three major credit reporting agencies to place blocks on your records and help you obtain free credit reports,
- help completing paperwork to alert various parties of the potential fraud and
- education about protecting yourself from identity theft.
To learn more about the Identity Theft Resolution Services, call the MasterCard Assistance Center toll-free at 1-800-MC-ASSIST (1-800-622-7747).
Call PayFlex toll-free at (866) 353-9839. PayFlex representatives are available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CT) and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (CT).
Source: ERS News (December 2014)