Are you looking for a new and rewarding way to volunteer at UHD? Do you want to help new employees get a good foothold at the University? Can you remember being confused about UHD your first few months of work and wishing you had someone you could ask for guidance?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, the new staff mentorship program, GatorConnect, may be a great fit for you.
As most people know, new employees thrive on support and encouragement, and UHD has found a way to provide an ample supply through the GatorConnect Membership Program.
The new mentorship program was developed as part of the New Employee Onboarding process and is designed to form connections between long-term and new employees during an employee’s first 30 days at UHD.
The support and encouragement new employees receive during this time accelerates their connections with the University and helps them establish positive relationships with colleagues.
The program also provides current members of the UHD community an opportunity to be part of a new employee’s experience and showcase all that the University has to offer.
- Full-time staff member in good standing
- At least two years of employment at UHD
- Convey a positive image of the University
- Willingness to participate in mentor training sessions
- Commit to a six-month mentoring relationship (approximately two to four hours a month to meet with new employee)
Benefits of the Program
- Assists new employees with making positive connections to UHD
- Supports hiring departments with the onboarding process
- Displays campus-wide support of new employees
- Encourages interdepartmental relationship-building
- Builds networking opportunities
The goal is to…
- CONNECT new employees to the University and available opportunities.
- CULTIVATE growth through professional development, work/life resources and wellness.
- CONTRIBUTE to the mission and vision of UHD.
For more information about the program or to sign up as a mentor, please contact Lymari Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.