The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) Board of Trustees awarded the third-party administrator contract for the HealthSelect Prescription Drug Program to OptumRx, an affiliate of UnitedHealthcare, Inc. The four-year contract runs from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2020. Caremark will continue to administer the prescription drug plan through December 31, 2016.
Here are a few important things you should know about the transition to OptumRx:
- In late December, UnitedHealthcare will send a new combined medical and prescription benefits ID card with OptumRx information to participants.
- Participants can start using the new card on January 1, 2017.
- Participants who currently use the prescription mail service should have at least a two-month supply of any medication they take regularly to ensure they are covered during the transition.
- Optum’s mail service pharmacy will be available beginning January 1, 2017. Participants with any active, refillable mail service prescriptions with Caremark will be transferred to Optum in January.
- Participants should watch the mail for notifications from OptumRx about prescription drug coverage and benefits as well as any action they may need to take.
Program website and contact information:
Employees can visit www.HealthSelectRx.com for program information or any questions regarding the transition. The website has helpful resources such as the Locate a Pharmacy tool to find an in-network pharmacy, and frequently asked questions about the transition. OptumRx will work with ERS to add additional resources during the transition period. Participants can also contact customer care representatives toll-free at (866) 336-9371, TTY 711.
Contact Caremark for current coverage and claims information through December 31, 2016. Employees can view their claims online with Caremark through December 31, 2019 at www.Caremark.com/ers. For questions about current prescription drug coverage and costs through the end of this year, participants should continue to call Caremark toll-free at (888) 886-8490.