Members of the UHD community can meet with more than 20 disaster relief organizations Monday from noon to 3 p.m. during UHD’s first Disaster Relief Fair.
The fair, organized by UHD’s Disaster Assistance Office, is being held in the Special Events Center.
Free tetanus shots – along with HIV, blood pressure and glucose testing – will be available during the fair. Attendees can also enter to win one of three gift cards valued at $100, $50 and $25.
Attendees are highly encouraged to bring proof of identification, residency, household income and health insurance.
Representatives from the following organizations are scheduled to attend:
- UT Employee/Student Assistance Programs
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI Greater Houston)
- Ask a Nurse
- Bee Busy Wellness Center
- ABC Dental
- Lone Star Legal Aid
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Harris Health Financial Assistance Program (Gold Card)
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- FEMA VAL
- United Way
- Houston Habitat for Humanity
- Catholic Charities/Texas Gulf Coast Regional (VOAD)
- Houston Health Department Environmental Health
- Red Cross
- Red Cross Disaster Crisis Counseling
- Red Cross Disaster Spiritual Care
- Operation Hope
- Texas Workforce Commission (TWC)
- Housing Urban Development (HUD)
- Caring for Children Foundation – Care Van Program
The entire UHD community is encouraged to attend the Disaster Relief Fair since several of the organizations attending offer assistance beyond the scope of storm assistance.
For more information on the Disaster Relief Fair, contact Ruama Camp at 713-221-8091 or DisasterAssistance@uhd.edu.