To enjoy summer travel without the hassle of medication challenges, HealthSelect Prescription Drug Program offers several helpful tips for participants when they are away from home.
- Have enough medication on hand for the entire trip.
- Get medication refills before leaving.
- remember airports make exceptions for medically necessary liquids, medications and creams in excess of 3.4 ounces or 100 milliliters in the carry-on baggage. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) lists security screening requirements for medications.
- keep a small amount of medication in a carry on if the rest is packed in checked luggage, just in case the checked back becomes lost.
- always carry a prescription ID card.
- visit the OptumRx® find a network pharmacy search tool at www.HealthSelectRx.com to locate a pharmacy while on vacation.
Participants can call an OptumRx customer care representative toll-free at (855) 828-9834 (TTY 711) or visit www.HealthSelectRx.com for help with questions about medications.
Source: ERS Coordinator’s UPDATE-express (June 2018)