The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS), which administers health and other insurance benefits for State of Texas employees, began its annual summer enrollment period July 9 for Plan Year 2018‐2019. This year’s enrollment period runs from July 9 to July 21, 2018.
During this time, employees can make the following changes to their benefits portfolios without a qualifying life even:
- add or drop health insurance
- add or drop dependent insurance
- increase life insurance coverage
- add or drop disability insurance
- make other changes to your insurance coverage
- enroll in a healthcare and/or dependent care spending account or cancel an existing one.
Employees that don’t want to change their benefits portfolio, don’t need to do anything. Current benefits will remain the same for the upcoming academic year (9/1/2018 to 8/31/2019).
UHD employees may make changes to their benefits portfolio during the annual enrollment period of July 9 to July 21, 2018, in one of three ways:
- online 24/7 directly with ERS at ers.state.tx.us;
- by calling ERS during normal business hours at (866) 399‐6908 or;
- through Employment Services and Operations (ESO) by scheduling an appointment with Paula Jannett at x‐8463 or email@example.com and completing the required 2018-2019 annual enrollment form (attached).
ERS sends a confirmation statement with a list of all changes (through email or USPS mail) to all employees making summer annual enrollment changes. Employees making changes are encouraged to review the Summer Enrollment Confirmation Statement carefully for accuracy. Correspondence from ERS, whether by email or letter, is sent to the employee’s address(es) on file with ERS.
For questions or concerns, contact UHD’s Benefits Team at x-8060.