Does your busy schedule leave you little time for physical fitness? Looking for more hours in the day for a workout? Look no further than UHD’s Fitness Release Time (FRT).
FRT is designed to provide full-time, benefits-eligible staff a maximum of three, 30-minute exercise sessions per week during regular work hours to participate in an exercise program or fitness activity offered in the Student Life Center.
To participate, please follow a few simple steps:
- Complete an FRT application
- Obtain supervisor approval
- If approved by supervisor, complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) form
- Submit executed forms to ESO’s Benefits Unit (S-910)
- If approved by ESO, your supervisor and UHD Sports and Fitness are notified
- Sign in and out on the 2nd floor of the Student Life Center each time you work out
- Request time via Time Reporting and Absence Management each time you work out
FRT is counted as hours worked but not for the purposes of overtime pay or compensatory time. It may not interfere with the employee’s duties or the department’s responsibilities. FRT is available for a six-month period and may be renewed at the supervisor’s discretion.
For more information visit PS 02.B.13, Employee Wellness Policy or contact ESO at ext. 8060.