According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, heart disease causes one in four deaths in the United States. February is a great time to educate yourself about prevention, risks and symptoms of heart disease.
Get heart smart with these resources
- According to the American Heart Association (AHA), no matter how old you are—or aren’t—you can start taking better care of your heart now! Learn how.
- Are you following Life’s Simple 7® to make improvements to your health that will make a big difference in your life? In addition to learning about Life’s Simple 7, the AHA offers its online test My Heart Score, to help you understand where you can make improvements.
- Find out more about heart disease.
- Getting medical care quickly can make all the difference in your recovery from a heart attack or stroke. Know the symptoms so you can get care without delay.
Employees can make an appointment with their doctor for a thorough checkup and to get help to achieve their heart healthy goal. During the checkup, ask questions about your chances of developing heart disease and ways to lower your risk.
- Participants in HealthSelectSM of Texas and Consumer Directed HealthSelect can find an in-network doctor.
- KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice participants can find a provider or facility.
Source: ERS Coordinator’s Update (February 2019)