Employees enrolled in HealthSelectSM of Texas, HealthSelect Out-of-State, HealthSelect Secondary or Consumer Directed HealthSelect can access personalized phone support for specific health needs from a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) clinician.
Jodie, one of the clinicians at BCBSTX, recalled an experience that was special to her. “A participant diagnosed with breast cancer was concerned about the side effects from her IV meds. She wanted someone to listen to her needs and answer her questions without feeling rushed,” said Jodie. “We talked through her medication list, and I explained what each one was for and helped her understand what the possible side effects could be.”
A few months later the participant reached out to Jodie again. Jodie helped her find a new specialist who was not only closer to her home, but also in the BCBSTX network, which led to huge cost savings for her.
“She emailed me a beautiful letter that I will always truly cherish”, Jodie said. “She stated that she did not know what she would have done without me through this process. It’s times like this that I am so proud not only to be a nurse of 20 years, but to be a management clinician.”
BCBSTX’s clinicians can:
- answer questions to help support self-management of a health condition
- provide information about local community resources, such as mental health providers, dieticians and in-network specialists for participants and their family members
- coordinate care with health providers
- provide health and wellness educational materials and resources
- help coordinate transportation to and from appointments
- assist with an action plan to manage the health condition
Employees can contact BCBSTX toll-free at (800) 252-8039 Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT and Saturday 7 a.m . – 3 p.m. CT and ask to speak with a clinician.
Learn more about care management.
Health maintenance organization (HMO)
KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice offers a service called KelseyCare Concierge that includes:
- help in scheduling appointments and selecting physicians
- assistance in finding nearby clinic locations
- guidance on specific services available at each clinic location
Call KelseyCare Concierge at (713) 442-1377, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT.