Get ready for Summer Enrollment and Plan Year 2021 by reviewing your health plan and the following optional benefits before your Summer Enrollment phase ends.
- Dental insurance. During your Summer Enrollment phase, you can choose between two dental insurance plans. You can enroll in the State of Texas Dental Choice Plan preferred provider organization (PPO) or the DeltaCare USA dental health maintenance organization (DHMO).
- State of Texas VisionSM. If you have an eye disease or injury, your health plan covers diagnosis and treatment. Some health plans cover an annual vision exam and offer discounts on glasses or contacts. When you enroll in State of Texas Vision, you can save money on eye exams and eyewear for yourself and your dependents. See the State of Texas Vision webpage for active employees.
- Texas Income Protection PlanSM (TIPP). Short-term and long-term disability insurance can help you make ends meet if you can’t work because of an illness or injury. Disability coverage also helps you pay the bills if you can’t work because of pregnancy complications or recovery from childbirth. If you elect short-term disability coverage, you can get up to 66% of your paycheck for up to 150 days. Long-term disability coverage allows you to receive up to 60% of your paycheck until you are able to return to work or reach the Maximum Benefit Period, which is based on the age when you become disabled. See this list of frequently asked questions, compiled by ReedGroup, the third-party administrator for TIPP.
- TexFlexSM. Flexible and commuter spending accounts help you save on taxes by setting aside pre-tas money for certain expenses. Learn how you can lower your taxable income while saving for health, day care and commuting costs.
- Optional and dependent life insurance and voluntary AD&D insurance. Read the next article in this newsletter to learn more about your life and AD&D coverage options.
Visit the Summer Enrollment 2020 webpage to review the optional benefits ERS offers. Log in to your ERS OnLine account or review your Personal Benefits Enrollment Statement to see what you’re currently enrolled in. We encourage you to check the Summer Enrollment webpage regularly for new updates.
Categories: Benefits, News, Personal Finance, Wellness, Work/Life
Leave a Reply