It’s time to break out the wrapping paper and hang up the lights. While you gear up for this year’s festivities, avoid a not-so-merry trip to the vet’s office by keeping in mind these holiday pet hazards.
Keep holiday treats out of pets’ reach
- Milk can cause diarrhea and digestive problems
- Eggnog can cause upset stomach and alcohol poisoning
- Cookies with walnuts, chocolate or raisins can cause poisoning
- Candy can cause poisoning and upset stomach
Ribbon can cause intestinal foreign ingestion
- Cost for removal can average over $2,000.
Holiday plants that are poisonous if ingested
- Holly Berries
Get more helpful pet tips from Nationwide, a UHD Work/Life vendor, at petinsurance.com/you andpetsathome.