Learning

Holiday pet safety tips

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s time to break out the wrapping paper and hang up the lights. While you gear up for this year’s festivities, avoid a not-so-merry trip to the vet’s office by keeping in mind these holiday pet hazards.

Keep holiday treats out of pets’ reach

  • Milk can cause diarrhea and digestive problems
  • Eggnog can cause upset stomach and alcohol poisoning
  • Cookies with walnuts, chocolate or raisins can cause poisoning
  • Candy can cause poisoning and upset stomach

Ribbon can cause intestinal foreign ingestion

  • Cost for removal can average over $2,000.

Holiday plants that are poisonous if ingested

  • Rosemary
  • Mistletoe
  • Lilies
  • Holly
  • Holly Berries 

Get more helpful pet tips from Nationwide, a UHD Work/Life vendor, at petinsurance.com/you andpetsathome.

Source: Nationwide

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.