College Release Program (CRP)
Want to attend college but have a hard time fitting it into your week? Look no further than UHD’s College Release Program (CRP).
With CRP, eligible staff can attend graduate and undergraduate courses at UHD or other accredited institutions of higher education for up to three hours per week.
It is available during regular semesters (fall and spring) only and is counted as hours worked.
What are the requirements?
- Eligible employees must:
- Have completed their initial probationary period
- Be full-time (40 hours per week) for a period of at least four and one-half continuous months (students employed in positions for which student status is required as a condition of employment are ineligible)
- Classroom time and travel to and from class may not exceed three hours per week
For more information on CRP, visit PS 02.B.12, Staff Training and Development Policy.
Staff Education Reimbursement Program
If you lack the funds to pursue higher education, then you may qualify for the Staff Education Reimbursement Program.
Staff enrolled in classes at UHD may receive reimbursement for one class (up to 3 hours) each semester (fall/spring) at the UHD rate.
As a staff member, you must meet the following criteria:
- Earn a “C” grade or better for the class
- Employed in a full-time (40 hours per week), benefits-eligible position
- No financial obligations to UHD or other components of the UH System
- Employed at UHD through the official close of the term (as shown in the official semester class schedule) for the specified semester
Staff enrolled in classes at other accredited universities may receive reimbursement for one class at:
- The UHD undergraduate rate of up to $937
- The UHD graduate rate of $1,357, or
- Their accredited institution’s rate (whichever is less)
Benefits-eligible staff looking to take advantage of this benefit must fill out a Request Form.
For more information on the Staff Education Reimbursement Program, check out PS 02.B.12, Staff Training and Development Policy.