Did you know you can get in fitness this summer during your lunch break and still have time to eat?
Whether you are looking to participate in Zumba, Gator Gainz, Butts N’ Guts, Step, Yoga or Ultimate Results at the Student Life Center (SLC) or take part in “other physical fitness activities on campus,” such as walking, climbing stairs, biking, etc. you can fit it in your work schedule.
By combining your hour lunch break with the 30 minutes provided by Fitness Release Time (FRT), you get a combined hour and a half to get in fitness, change your clothes and still eat lunch!
Employees taking advantage of “other physical fitness activities on campus” must attach/upload proof of this activity showing the date and time of the exercise when they request FRT leave in TRAM. This can be done with a screenshot of their smartphone health application, a photo of their pedometer/Fitbit, etc.
FRT is designed to provide UHD full-time, benefits-eligible staff up to 1-1/2 hours of physical fitness (three, 30-minute sessions each week) at the Student Life Center. It is counted as hours worked and can be used independently or in conjunction with your lunch break or at the beginning/end of the workday.*
To participate in FRT:
- Print and fill out the Fitness Release Time Application
- Submit an application to your supervisor for approval
- Fill out PAR-Q form
- Route supervisor signed application and PAR-Q form to ESO Benefits Office
- Receive email notice from ESO Benefits Office of application acceptance
- Start using FRT at the Student Life Center! (Second floor SLC check-in is no longer required!
FRT may not interfere with the employee’s duties or the department’s responsibilities.