The moment you’ve been waiting for is here! ERS Annual Enrollment for Plan Year 2022 runs from June 28 – July 10.
The Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS), which administers health and other insurance benefits for State of Texas employees, began its annual enrollment period for Plan Year 2021‐2022 June 28. This year’s enrollment period runs from June 28 to July 10, 2021.
During this time, employees can make changes to their benefits portfolios without a qualifying life event. This is your opportunity to:
- Add or drop health insurance
- Add or drop dependent insurance
- Increase life insurance coverage
- Add or drop disability insurance
- Make other changes to your insurance coverage
- Enroll in a health care and/or dependent care spending account or cancel an existing one.
If you don’t want to change your benefits portfolio, don’t do anything. Your current benefits will remain the same for the upcoming academic year (9/1/2021 to 8/31/2022).
HOW TO MAKE CHANGES
For your convenience, you may make changes to your benefits portfolio during the annual enrollment period of June 28 to July 10, 2021, in one of three ways:
- Online 24/7 directly with ERS at ers.state.tx.us
- By calling ERS during normal business hours at (866) 399‐6908
- Through Employment Services and Operations (ESO) by scheduling a Zoom appointment with a Benefits representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: If you make summer annual enrollment changes, ERS sends you a confirmation statement listing all the changes you made (through email or USPS mail). Please review the Summer Enrollment Confirmation Statement carefully, and confirm it accurately reflects the benefit changes you made. Correspondence from ERS, whether by email or letter, is sent to the address(es) you have on file with ERS.
If you could not attend one of our “Get the Scoop” sessions, please visit ESO’s Summer Enrollment Website to learn about this year’s benefits changes. On the website you will find recorded sessions, a summer enrollment guide and many other resources. In addition, ERS is offering various webinars covering topics such as General Summer Enrollment, Delta Dental, Texa$aver, State of Texas Vision, HealthSelect of Texas Q&A and many more. Check them out today on the ERS’ Benefits Webinar Calendar.
If you have any questions, please contact the Benefits Team at Benefits@uhd.edu.