Making a New Year’s resolution is like setting any other type of goal. You have to choose wisely if you want to
achieve something significant. Remember that a good resolution, like a solid goal, usually has a few definable
- Focus. Set a definite target: “Lose 10 pounds by June 1” is better than “Lose some weight.”
- Challenge. Your resolution should be neither too hard nor too easy.
- Support. Share your resolutions with others who will help you work on them.
- Presence. Write down your resolutions in detail and post your list where you’ll see it often.
- Vision. Visualize the results you want to achieve every day.