As of March 1, 2022, Memorial Hermann will no longer participate in the HealthSelectSM plan network. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) and Memorial Hermann hospitals, surgery centers and affiliated doctors and health care professionals have been unable to reach a contract agreement.
This means that claims for services incurred on March 1, 2022 or later from a Memorial Hermann provider may be treated as out-of-network. Out-of-network services can be significantly more expensive, and we recommend you stay within the HealthSelect network to keep your costs as low as possible. Emergency services will continue to be covered at the in-network benefit level.
If you have an approved authorization at Memorial Hermann for services scheduled after March 1, 2022, or need additional information, call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 (TTY:711), Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. CT.
A BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant can help:
- Check the status of your prior authorization,
- Work with you and your provider find a facility in your network and
- Assist with any questions or concerns you have.
To find in-network doctors or hospitals:
- Go to the Find a Doctor or Hospital page and select your HealthSelect plan to launch Provider Finder®, or
- Call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039.