Through determined efforts on both sides, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX ) reached an agreement with Memorial Hermann. We’re pleased to inform you that Memorial Hermann hospitals, doctors and health care professionals have rejoined the HealthSelectSM network.
The new agreements will be retroactive to March 1, 2022. Any claims processed as out-of-network on or after March 1 will be reprocessed at the in-network benefit level.
Memorial Hermann hospitals, doctors and health care professionals should quickly display as in-network in Provider Finder®. If you had a Memorial Hermann doctor as your primary care provider (PCP), and you have not already chosen a new PCP, your previous doctor should be automatically added back as your PCP on file with BCBSTX. You will receive a new ID card with the PCP listed within seven to 10 business days.
If you have chosen a new PCP and would like to change back to your previous Memorial Hermann PCP, or if you need to see your Memorial Hermann PCP right away, you can:
Log in to Blue Access for MembersSM:
- Click on “Log In” in the upper right corner at www.healthselectoftexas.com.
- Go to the “Doctors & Hospitals” tab.
- Select “Change Primary Care Physicians”
- Review the doctor listed as your PCP, if applicable.
- Choose a different PCP, if you prefer. You can search in-network doctors on Provider Finder®.
- Call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 (TTY: 711), Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m.-3 p.m. CT. A BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant can help with:
- Adding your Memorial Hermann PCP back to your BCBSTX record,
- Scheduling an appointment with a Memorial Hermann provider,
- Confirming prior authorizations or referrals are in place, if required,
- Assisting with out-of-network bills you received for services provided by Memorial Hermann providers March 1 or after and,
- Any other questions you may have about your HealthSelect benefits.
Categories: Benefits, News, Personal Finance, Uncategorized, Wellness