Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is an important factor in preventing serious health problems. HealthSelect of Texas® medical plan participants, including those enrolled in Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM, can apply to join the two online weight management programs that can support their goal to eat healthier and lose weight.
Real Appeal® and Wondr® each feature a support system of experts who can guide participants in their weight loss journey, which can make losing and maintaining weight a little bit easier—and even fun. Both online programs are available at no cost to employees, and adult dependents enrolled in a HealthSelect plan
Which program is a better fit for you and your employees?
Use the following checklist to help you decide. Share it with your employees to help make their decision a little easier:
- I prefer to learn by watching short videos each week whenever it’s convenient for me.
- I like having the option to connect with my health coaches and other Wondr participants whenever I need to.
- I want to learn skills that’ll help me lose weight and improve my health while eating my favorite foods.
- I like the idea of becoming more aware of my body so I eat only when I’m hungry.
- I prefer to learn with an online community of participants who meet at the same time weekly with a coach.
- I like the option to chat as needed with my coach and other participants.
- I’m willing to stop eating some of the unhealthy foods I enjoy while I participate in the program.
- I like the idea of tracking the food I eat and my exercise.
For enrollment links to either program and more information on eligibility and weight management benefits, please visit the Weight Management page on the HealthSelect website.
If you have questions about these programs or other wellness resources, please contact Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas at 1-800-252-8039.
Categories: Benefits, Learning, News, Personal Finance, Wellness