When is the last time you used Fitness Release Time (FRT)? If your answer is “never” or “I can’t remember,” then it might be time to consider applying for FRT!
Here are a few things you need to know about FRT:
- FRT is available to all full-time, benefits-eligible staff members.
- FRT affords eligible staff members up to 30 minutes of paid time per day, up to three times per week (up to 1.5 hours total per week) to participate in physical fitness activities on campus.
- Eligible staff members may apply for FRT at any time (with supervisor approval). This means you can even apply during your probationary period!
- Eligible staff members can choose which physical fitness activity they do during FRT, so long as it occurs on campus.
- First-time FRT applicants get a swag bag full of wellness-related items when they sign up for the program!
FRT is a staff-favorite wellness benefit that can help you stay on track with your wellness goals. Here are some of the many ways eligible staff members use FRT to support their wellness:
- Taking advantage of the beautiful new UHD Wellness and Success Center, including
- Group fitness classes
- Personal training
- Health and fitness workshops
- Intramural and pick-up sports
- An indoor walking track
- A bouldering wall
- Individual strength/cardio training
- And more!
- Walking/riding their bike along the bayou
- Climbing stairs and/or walking laps throughout their building
Fitness Release Time is a highly flexible program that can help you stay on track with your wellness goals while reclaiming some of your time outside of work. Interested staff members can learn more about the program by reviewing the FRT Process Guide and the FRT Application.
Please reach out to the UHD Benefits Team with any questions you may have about the program!
Categories: Benefits, Uncategorized, Wellness, Work/Life