It’s the time of year when vacationing kicks into high gear. Don’t let unexpected medical issues put a damper on your plans. Prepare for the unexpected by knowing ahead of time how to use your health care benefits when you’re on the road.
Before you go:
- Call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 (TTY: 711), Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. or Saturday, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. CT if you have questions before you leave.
- Bring your medical ID card when you travel. Treat it like a credit card—keep it safe!
- Pack your medications. Also, take a few minutes to make a list of all of your prescriptions, including dosages.
- If the information isn’t already on your phone, make a list of the names and phone numbers of your and your kids’ regular caregivers: primary care providers (PCPs) and any specialists you might see on a regular basis.
To find an in-network provider while traveling:
- If you are traveling within the United States, call a BCBSTX Personal Health Assistant toll-free at (800) 252-8039 or use the Provider Finder® tool for your plan
- For travel outside of the United States, call Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core customer service toll-free at(800) 810-BLUE (2583) or use the International Provider Finder tool via www.bcbsglobalcore.com. (Note: If it is your first time logging in, you must register for access first.)
- Download the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas App for easy access to the Provider Finder tool. You can also view your claims, check costs of services or use the live chat feature. Text BCBSTXAPP to 33633 to get the app on your mobile device.
- If you have to get medical care while traveling, keep all the receipts and paperwork.
KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice: (NOTE: Starting September 1, 2019, KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice will no longer be available to Texas Employees Group Benefits program participants. The following information is valid through August 31, 2019 only.) If you are experiencing a medical emergency, seek care from the nearest emergency room or call 9-1-1. Your benefits through ERS and KelseyCare powered by Community Health Choice cover emergency services anywhere in the United States. However, you may be responsible for a copay at the time of service.
You can call KelseyCare’s 24-hour nurse line at (713) 442-0000. A qualified nurse will be able to help you decide if immediate medical assistance is needed. During normal business hours, call your PCP’s office. After business hours (including weekends and holidays), call (713) 442-0000.
Source: ERS Update Express (July 2019)